Happy, Happy Holidays! Whatever it is you celebrate, I hope this holiday season brings you all the love and happiness your life desires!
We are having a great time here in New Zealand. We have been here for 12 days and it many ways, it feels way longer, in a good way. I find that when I change up my environment, I feel so much more alive and present in the moment and this makes the time stretch deliciously longer.
What makes you feel alive and truly present in your life?
While our trip has been amazing, traveling with 3 kids is not all ease and joy. I fall into bed pretty exhausted each night.
And it’s not just the kids. It’s my own crazy need to challenge myself. There is something within me that seems to pull me forward to step out of comfort zone. Here are the ways I have challenged myself in New Zealand so far:
- Flew 35 hours alone with my 3 kids, dealt with 18-hour time difference and serious jet lag.
- Rented a car and immediately began driving on the left side of the road as the girls and I went on a 6-day road trip through the most remote areas of North Island.
- Organized everything on the road trip and got us everywhere in one piece and on time. (After 5 years living in South America, I am really impressed how everything starts on time, to the minute, here in New Zealand.)
- Went black water rafting in a cave, jumping off a waterfall with only an inner tube.
- Had an amazing time white water rafting on a grade 5 river! Yikes!
- And I just signed up to skydive for the first time ever!!!!!
So, why am I telling you all this?
Because I believe that how we do anything is how we do everything and a life living from passion and purpose is created by listening to that voice from within. The voice that calls us towards excitement or adventure. Or to spend the time doing what we love. Or care about. Even if it means stepping outside our comfort zone. ESPECIALLY IF IT MEANS STEPPING OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE.
Because it’s never about reaching our goal or destination. IT’S ABOUT WHO YOU BECOME IN THE PROCESS OF REACHING YOUR GOAL OR DESTINATION.
It’s about all the ways we need to grow to become the people we are meant to be. And that requires stepping outside our comfort zone. There is no other way.
So what about you?
What are the ways you are being called to grow?
What are the ways you are being called to step out of your comfort zone?
What are your dreams?
What excites you? Makes you come alive?
What steps can you take in 2017 to make these dreams happen?
There is no better time than the present to start thinking about these things. And more importantly, taking action to make 2017 your best year yet.
I would love to hear from you so leave your comments below.